Saturday, 23 November 2013

Marvel's Revolutionary War Posters

Here's some promotional posters for the upcoming Marvel event 'The Revolutionary War', featuring a whole host of Marvel UK characters. Can you name them all?





I'm so excited over this one, roll on 2014. I wonder why Captain Britain's New Excalibur Uniform has been chosen? In recent years we've seen the return of his 1980's Alan Davis created costume.

Here's a link to Newsarama's interview with Andy Lanning and Alan Cowsill, talking about the Revolutionary War.

5 comments:

  1. thats not actually the new excalibur costume it is a new one the new excalibur one does not have the blue v neck and he is wearing the alan davis/moore costumes mask

    i believe his costume is glitching resulting in his costume changing constantly and not always perfectly recreated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit of an amalgam of the all costumes, but leans closer to the New Excalibur one than the Davis one, but I like it. It also nods a slight homage to the original costume with the yellow lions on the shoulders, and the black diamonds were used on the costume he gained in the 'Cross-Time Caper'. The blue V addition makes it easier on the eye, I always thought there was too much red on the 'New Excalibur' costume.

    The more I look at it the more I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely closest to the New Excalibur one. Shame the mi13 one went, I liked the 'new take', still they all rock. There are loads of great brit heroes here, shame a lot are missing though. I'm going to have to pick these up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Steve, apart from the Britannic costume.

    I'm also going to pick them up, but alas I have no comic shop near where I live, and Forbidden Planet want £5.50 in postage to deliver the first three issues. I'm hoping there's an ebay seller selling them with combined postage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ops, I didn't check the P&P just snapped them up. I have the same problem with no decent comic book shops near by.

    ReplyDelete